Sunday, February 7, 2021

Figurative Work Sunday Dancer Series

 Today I am sharing some of my figurative abstractions.

Mixed Media on American Masters Print Paper
Crayon-dash, Acrylic Paint, Color Pencils & Paint Markers
30"x 22" (FRAMED)

I am going to be starting a new set, which will be based on my figure drawings. I am looking through these works to find inspiration. The common thread throughout this work is motion. I am attempting to make the figures that are drawn from still poses, to look as though they contain motion. 

Acrylic Paint on Canvas
18"x24" 

I am starting with a selection of mainly gestural drawings and reclining posed figures. I use color as a tool to enhance the feeling of motion.

Mixed Media on Canvas
Acrylic Paint, Acrylic Gesso & Ink in a Bottle Pencil
18" x 24"


Matte Acrylic On Canvas
12" x 12"

Acrylic Paint & Matte Acrylic On Canvas
18" x 24" (SOLD)

I hope you enjoyed this selection of my work.

Catherine A. Palmer



No comments: