Monday, February 11, 2013

Out in the world.

I have had a chance to go see some art shows and art related activities over the last few days.  I must say there is a lot of cool stuff going on in Twin Cities.

Saturday I went to the opening show at a new gallery, "The Abstracted Gallery", the place was popping. It is nice to see a gallery opening full. It was elbow to elbow in the place. The art work there was graffiti, mixed media and pen and ink. Here is a link to there facebook page. I think they're still working on their website.

 http://www.facebook.com/TheAbstractedMPLS 

Today I went and watched a film called "Women's Art Revolution" at the Wilson Library on the U of M campus. This film went through the history of the woman's art movement in the USA.  It was 80 minute film and Kim fell asleep with her head on the pillar. I was very happy it reminded me why I made my penis series.

 https://events.umn.edu/!Women-Art-Revolution-024692.htm



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Catherine,

I really like this painting and the empowerment message behind it, and would love to use it as an image on tomorrow's "Bourbon Through It" blog. Of course, you would be fully credited and it would be linked back to your site. Please let me know if you are amenable.

Thanks, Donna
www.donnaison.con