Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Bodies as a Means to Abstraction 4



Bodies as a Means to Abstraction

I have been slowly figuring out my compositions. I have been working with collage and making sketches in my drawing book.

 



I am using the drawing and collages as a meditation, hopefully capture and convey what I have been experiencing over the last year, and maybe even the last 5 years or so. 



The idea that I am trying to address in this work is the concept of personhood. Under that umbrella idea there is a whole slue of things that play into our experience as a PERSON(citizen's) of our great country (USA), that keeps "us" the citizen's fragmented from each other.
 
The list is long, but here are a few; gender ideal, idealized beauty, transphobia, homophobia, racism, stereotypes, objectification, classism and cultural appropriation.  


Since I started composing this blog post another unarmed black man  was shot and killed in uptown MPLS, WINSTON SMITH " Say His Name".  As well as, a protester was run down by a crazed racist drug addict maniac.




A Gay male was ran down by his homophonic neighbor. 

A mass grave of 215 Native children were found at an Indian school in Canada. 

Juneteenth is now a National Holiday, Great I love it! 

Now stop killing unarmed black folks!     




The last couple of years have been very strange. 
We now are dealing with yet another wave of 
Covid-19. The Delta variant, I cant keep up with all this. 



1 comment:

mediumDebbi said...

I Love where you are going with this, the idea of abstraction and the shifting nature of human relations! Great idea! It's true, we have experienced alot in the last couple of years, isolation, violence in many forms, political deconstruction, etc, things that normally would take an entire decade to process!! Good Work !!