Thursday, February 11, 2021

Bodies as a Means of Abstraction

My pondering continues on using bodies as a means of abstraction.

I started this series as a way to celebrate all different shapes, sizes and colors/shades that our bodies come in. 
As I go through the images and drawings I create, I realize that this form we come in amazing and beautiful. 
I also think of how complicated and abstract the human mind can become. 


Template from 2020 Co-lab Project



Sketch book drawing



Due to the covid-19 pandemic we have a chance to slow down. I have had a bit more time to think and explore new mediums. I have also had time to hash through some projects that have not yet manifested completely.


                                                                                                  Ginger Getting Abstracted

The Gingers
Dance Party Series


I have added some samples of my figure drawings. These are the images that my abstractions grow out of. The figures mixed with color and layering. The good old push and pull.    



Drawing Samples seated poses






Small works in oil paint 



My Motto



It's Getting Abstracted

This painting is starting to head in the right direction, but In my next paintings I will be working in a puzzle format.

What I mean by that is, I will be working on many paintings at the same time. These paintings will work in connection with each other like a tryptic or a diptych. Taking little bits from the drawing of seated or standing figures a compiling then and connecting them so that the composition intertwines.

Thanks you for checking in, Katie





Older Abstract work 








 

No comments: