Thursday, February 25, 2021




Sunday Night

I started going through my drawings and began to cut out my figures. I made a life size map out of brown craft paper. Sundays process was a bit slow, but I am always a bit clunky when i am flushing out new ideas.


Achieving the zone in a cluttered mind.



Take That Leap


A few drawings for inspiration

G.O.U.
Funky  Funky
Super Nova's

Wednesday Night

I finished the map template outlines and have started to add words and figures. Random thoughts come to mind, as I listen to music and chat back and forth with Kim. I jot down things that strike me onto the brown paper map.

Side Note: We are in a constant state of reorganization at the moment.

Kim is going through and organizing stuff from The Uptown House, The Pink House, The Comi Casa.  

Reminiscing and being introduced to different bits and bobs from the past. A box of beautiful vintage ties with wonderful patterns, a top hat as black as black can be. There are beads from the 70's 80's 90's and before. And you can't forget the baby Jesus, the blonde blue eyed baby  Jesus
 

Another Side Note: I am currently in the process of inventorying my previous works. What a time consuming process. Getting ready to make my NEMAA store. I am in the shuffle zone. Much like the twilight zone. Memories abound.



Once I get further along with all this, I will give you all the heads up. 
I will be smiley and organized. Ha right! Then I will make a mess, it 's the nature of my process.


Masks
Desk Shots





I put up a curtain to cover my work in process. I am hoping in doing so, I stay focused on all the different things I have on my plate at the moment. I don't want my clutter not to escape as I am easily distracted.  Time allotted is precious, Focus Focus Focus.  .


My new work is in the all unknown place, the Katie figures out what is up stage. The don't get attached faze. The focus, distracted, super focus time. 

Feed back to soon could sway the direction of the painting.
The beginning point of the process, where process matters most, but I am not sure what the complete process is yet.

Boneless chicken farming, getting into the zone.




Couple more paintings from the past 



Have a nice day

Catherine Palmer
 

No comments: