Thursday, March 4, 2021

Bodies as a Means to Abstraction 3

Happy Thursday Everyone 

This week I have finished collaging my drawings onto my template and am starting to think of ways to work out the individual pieces.


I have been sketching ups of different parts of the composition. Playing around with different backgrounds ideas. Thinking of what the over all color scheme will be. 

I am also pondering, what is the message I am attempting to convey.  

Here are a few drawings I have done thus far.









I am going to keep working with collage on my templates. Hoping that this exercise will enrich the color choices and make the overall work stronger. 

It gives me some wiggle room to solve the puzzle and resolve the composition before committing the compositions to the painting supports.

Working in this way allows me freedom to do as much editing as I want on the templates, keeping the painting supports clean and ready for when I start painting. 


This picture is a sketch up from a commission I did the summer of 2020 based on my Dance Party Series.

 


Until next week.... 

Katie - Catherine A. Palmer

No comments: